Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fierce Flamingos


The fierce flamingos have entered the pans of Namibia. It is their annual gathering to celebrate their own little pre-party of the rainy season. By pre-party I mean: they chill out a little bit to gather their strength for what their main goal is by moving into these pans, and that is breeding!
The flamingo's most characteristic habitats are large alkaline or saline lakes or estuarine lagoons that usually lack vegetation. Lakes may be far inland or near the sea. And even though flamingos are not characteristically a migratory specie, the pans of the North eastern part of Namibia fills up with these pink flamingo clouds.

I'm quite a tomboy, and I never wear a lot of pink, but I sure love it when you can walk through the bush and just see the purest of pink. 
The flamingos anyway look better in pink then me;)

No comments:

Post a Comment